Pound Fitness Classes
Using Ripstix®, lightly weighted drumsticks engineered specifically for exercising, POUND transforms drumming into an incredibly effective way of working out.
Instead of listening to music, you become the music in this exhilarating full-body workout that combines cardio, conditioning, and strength training with yoga and pilates-inspired movements.
Designed for all fitness levels, POUND provides the perfect atmosphere for letting loose, getting energized, toning up and rockin’ out! The workout is easily modifiable and the alternative vibe and welcoming philosophy appeals to men and women of all ages and abilities.
Pound. Rockout. Workout.
Pound has invented a unique, lightly weighted exercise drumsticks called Ripstix®.
- Ripstix add 1/4 lb extra weight to each movement which throws the body off balance, creating contraction in the core and stabilization system.
- Ripstix intensify each POUND® position with light, peripheral resistance that not only works the shoulders, biceps, triceps, forearms, and back, but also dramatically increases the amount of instability in the body.
- Ripstix allow participants to experience audio-muscular connection. This means they can hear what their muscles are doing.
- They’re made of durable plastic and are easily transportable – and can go through airport security — so you can take your Ripstix anywhere
Benefits of Pound Fitness
- Burn up to 900+ calories per hour, strengthen and sculpt infrequently used muscles, and drum your way to a leaner, slimmer physique – all while rocking out to your favorite music!
- Drastically improve your rhythm, timing, coordination, speed, agility, endurance, and musicality.
- Cinch the waistline, slim the thighs, and strengthen connective tissue and infrastructural muscles with the combination of stability and cardio.
- Numerous studies have proven the powerful brain boosting, stress-relieving effects of drumming. The rhythm of drumming permeates the entire brain to improve focus, increase higher-level thinking and decision-making skills, boost the immune system, lower blood pressure, decrease chronic pain, anxiety, and fatigue.