Pilates is a fantastic, complete body workout. It focuses on strengthening the body’s core and helps elongate the body. This workout is a balanced, resistance-based system. It uses tension to strengthen and stretch the body.
Pilates aims to strengthen the body in an even way, with particular emphasis on core strength to improve general fitness and wellbeing.
Who is Pilates for?
Pilates has something to offer people of all ages and levels of ability and fitness, from beginners to elite athletes. Our instructors create a challenging and safe workout, based on individual client needs. Pilates is classed as a muscle-strengthening activity, which can help you maintain a healthy weight, help develop whole body strength and flexibility and reduce the risk of injury.
Benefits of Pilates:
- Improved flexibility
- Increased muscle strength and tone
- Balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- Enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- Improved stabilization of your spine
- Improved posture
- Rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances